This position will report directly to the Human Resources Manager and will have a key role in all external and internal public relations efforts. The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for public and media relations activities in support of Lexmark’s corporate strategy. The successful candidate will be instrumental in executing the firm’s public and media relations strategy, positioning its business activities, and community service efforts in the news media (including through social media) and providing support for the company’s quarterly earnings process.
The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of public and media relations activities, including: working within the Corporate Communications team to cultivate and manage relationships with media and industry influencers locally, nationally and internationally, as well as through social networks. The Public Relations Specialist will also develop and distribute content through various channels, including social media; writing, editing and distributing press releases and media advisories to announce company news and reflect the company’s position and goals and will position and pitch the company’s executives and technology experts to media as thought leaders in their areas of focus.
Key Roles & Responsibilities / Key Job Functions:
- Plan and direct public relations and communication strategies, campaigns or programs designed to create and maintain a favorable public and internal image for the company.
- Write and deliver press releases, features, media relations content, case studies, white papers, executive bios, corporate newsletter content, social media content, and speeches that are required for internal and external communications.
- Develop, execute, and measure effectiveness of public relations and integrated marketing communications campaign.
- Work with advertisers for timely and useable ad submissions.
- Copyedit, proofread, and revise external and internal communications.
- Recommend, implement and maintain site design and operation.
- Work with manager and business units to determine event budget and manage expenses to that budget.
- Research media coverage and industry trends.
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations.
- Prepare briefing materials.
- Coordinate conference and press interviews.
- Manage information.
Education, Experience & Certifications Basic Requirements:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably of a Communication or Marketing related course.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience, which should include experience with a publicly traded company, plus agency experience.
- Must have excellent research, writing and content development skills;
- Has the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting tight deadlines; strong relationships (or the ability to develop strong relationships) with media and industry influencers;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PR databases, and experience utilizing social media channels to promote corporate initiatives.
- Must also have strong organizational, problem solving and people skills to be able to adapt and lead in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Intellectual curiosity, teamwork, and high levels of judgment, discretion, responsiveness and initiative are also required.